Dedicated to your privacy
DreamMeUp ("DreamMeUp "we," "us") respects your privacy, including the privacy of your information and your pictures.
This policy was last updated: 6/21/11
1. Information Collected Through Our Services
We gather two basic types of information through the Services: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. You do not have to provide Personal Information to use the Site. However, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to use some of our other Services. For example, when you sign up with Dreammeup, you establish a password-protected personal account for storing, organizing and sharing your digital images, as well as for using our other services. In order to establish your Dreammeup account, we will need your name, email address and password. (The password will allow you access to your account; as such, it needs to be as secure as possible. A good password includes seemingly random letters and numbers, and isn't obvious (as an example, we do not suggest using names of a spouse, child, or pet)). Additionally, when you order our products, we will need the shipping address, billing name and address, as well as the credit card number and expiration date. Depending upon the product(s) ordered we will also need your child’s name or the name of your child’s lovey in order to create and fulfill your product order. Further, we share some of your Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to enable us to fulfill your order and provide support in bringing you the products and services we offer. Our providers are under contractual responsibility to safeguard your Personal Information and use it only for the specifically authorized purpose.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided (e.g., to fulfill your purchase or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we will have service announcement updates with important information about DreamMeUp. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, so members may not unsubscribe from service announcements. Will we have service announcements
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, please review the instructions in the Section 6 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Contests and Surveys. We may occasionally request Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The Personal Information collected is only used for purposes of improving user satisfaction with DreamMeUp products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. No Personal Information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. We may need to revise this to reflect the possibility of a partnership with let’s say Betty Crocker who may want to be able to use the data.
- Testimonials. Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain programs DreamMeUp offers. Dreammeup always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
Customer Service. Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in California, while a different percentage live in New Jersey. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Third Party Service Providers. DreamMeUp shares Personal Information with carefully screened third-party service providers to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested. Examples of such third-party service providers are credit card authorization companies, printers, merchandise distributors and shippers. DreamMeUp has instructed these service providers not to store, retain or access your Personal Information except to provide our services to you.
- Third Party Products and Services. Dreammeup also may share Personal Information with third parties to allow such third parties to provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested. This could include, but is not limited to packages of discounts, rebates, and promotional offers, that are not Dreammeup products, services or information. Such third parties from whom you have requested products, services and information will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions of their agreement(s) with you, as well as their own privacy policies, and may use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and Dreammeup disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
- Third Party Communications. Dreammeup also may share Personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. Such third parties to whom we transfer Personal Information for direct marketing purposes will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and Dreammeup disclaims any and all liability relating thereto. If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may submit an opt-out request as described in Section 6 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Forums. Through the Services, DreamMeUp may make available forums to which you are able to post information and materials. These forums may include, for example, user comment functionality, an online image share feature, our public gallery, user forums and blogs. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain Personal Information (for example, a user's name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through the Services.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. DreamMeUp may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don't share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of DreamMeUp, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
4. Protecting Your Pictures at the present time
In order to provide quality products, the Dreammeup employees and third-party service providers fulfilling your order or providing Customer Support to you may see your pictures.
5. Updating Your Personal Information
Dreammeup will make an effort to keep all your Personal Information up to date when you provide it to us. You can update your account information and change your password at any time. You will find this at 'Personal info/settings' on your personal Dreammeup page. If you have forgotten your password, you can set a new one by contacting our Customer Service team. If any of your Personal Information changes, or you identify a mistake in our records, please use the account profile page on the Dreammeup website, or contact us using the link in Section 11 ("Contact Us") and we will update your data.
DreamMeUp seeks to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Personal Information about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Services or upload for storage in connection with the Services is so transmitted or stored at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 11 ("Contact Us") below.
8. Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and are not directed at such children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Please do not register at Dreammeup if you are under the age of 13.
9. Third Party Sites
10. Changes and Notification
11. Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns.
12. Jurisdictional Issues
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States or France, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part of the Services, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Services' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.